Info About My Practice
I work with individuals, couples and families on a variety of issues including: depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, grief and loss, anger management, relationship counseling, loneliness, life transitions and abuse. I also work with victims of crime through the local District Attorney’s Office.
As a Certified Hypnotherapist I will work with you on any issue or concern including: smoking cessation, weight loss, anxiety, sleeplessness, etc.
Education & Credentials
- Undergraduate work at the University of Southern California and Loyola-Marymount University (B.A. Theater) Graduate work (Master’s Degree in Psychology) from Phillips Graduate Institute (M.A.)
- Training/Critical I obtained a 60 unit Master’s with an emphasis on Addictions and Co-occurring Disorders. I have studied and wrote my thesis on Animal Assisted Therapy. I have worked with many victims of trauma and abuse.
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Crisis Response Incident Stress Management (ICISF)
- Member: CAMFT (CA Association of Marriage & Family Therapists) Member: National Guild of Hypnotists Member:
- Chiron Crisis Response Team
- I AM A PROVIDER WITH GIVE AN HOUR (giveanhour.org) which provides free therapy for military personnel and their families.
License & Certifications
- Licensed by the Board of Behavioral Sciences, CA: MFC #51353 since March, 2012 Certified Hypnotherapist, National Guild of Hypnotists, since January, 2011 (Cht.) Certified Avian Specialist
- Certified Critical Incident Stress Management (ICISF)
- Kathy Lyons, LMFT, CHt. (818) 850-1275